1. Blue Nine Burger. Perhaps you follow me on twitter, perhaps you don't. If you do, you probably have seen me tweet about the Blue Nine Burger. It is my favorite burger in all the world. I have eaten it with people who have had the famous In-N-Out burger and while nobody has said it's better, they have said it is the only thing in NYC that is comparable...which I'll take, having never been to the west coast. I have it with onions and firecracker sauce and then I sleep. It is amazing. I wish I had one right now. Actually I wish I had four right now.
2. Breakfast Sandwich. Oh breakfast sandwich, how I love you. Nothing improves a walk-of-shame like stopping for a bacon-egg-n-cheese on a sesame bagel with salt-peppah-ketchup. It is greasy, fatty, and the most perfect morning treat in all the world.
3. Macaroni and Cheese. Do I really have to explain this? It's good. Done.
4. Steak. I can't not put steak and keep my man card. It just so happens that I love steak. My favorite steak is Delmonico's Mignon (also one block from 10 Hanover Sq). This also happens to be David Wright's (3rd basemen, NY Mets) favorite restaurant. I used to go there once a year for restaurant week because well, that's the only time it's affordable, but haven't been there in a while. Second on the list is the Cowboy Steak from Rare that I have once a year at my friend Secret Santa extravaganza. They are perfectly lean and buttery. You barely have to chew'em.
|Delmonico's (the picture is worth clicking,|
the detail is beautiful)
5. Steamed Dumplings. We never ate Chinese food growing up. I never had any in college. It wasn't until after college that I tried it and god did I love it. I still have Chang's restaurant from Albany in my phone and will never delete it. My favorite dish to order is steamed pork dumplings. I simply love them.